Poor Test Scores

Email of the Day:
Can the state do anything if your child tests lower than grade level? Such as make you put them back in public school or report you to CPS?

The testing is for you. The scores go to you, and you keep them in your records.

The law specifies that “if, as a result of the annual test or assessment, it is determined that the child is not making reasonable progress consistent with his or her age or stage of development, the parent shall make a good faith effort to remedy any deficiency.”

So figure out where your kidlet is struggling, and help h** in those areas.

Warmly, ~ Jen GS, WHO Board Advocacy Chair