Providing Proof Of Qualifications

Email of the Day:
My local school district is asking me to send them a copy of my college transcript in order for me to file a declaration to homeschool. Can they do that?

No. The law does not provide for a school district to request proof of a parent’s qualifications to homeschool, aside from checking the box on the DofI if you are using a teacher to provide oversight. If you let me know which school district (and, if you know, which individual asked this), I will contact them forthwith and set them straight.
~Jen Garrison Stuber, WHO Board Advocacy Chair