The Washington Homeschool Organization (WHO) is a statewide, nonprofit service organization. Its mission is to serve the diverse interests of home-based education in Washington State. WHO is nonpartisan, nonsectarian, and nondiscriminating in its views of homeschooling and participation in its activities. WHO is a 501c3 organization and therefore your membership dues and donations are tax deductible.
The Washington Homeschool Organization is committed to making sure that parents interested in homeschooling get accurate and up-to-date information on the homeschooling law, local support, resources, and services. WHO’s goals include helping homeschooling parents network with each other and their community, answering homeschool questions, and supporting parents in creating the most successful homeschooling experience possible.
The Washington Homeschool Organization takes an active advocacy role on issues affecting homeschooling with the Washington State Legislature, the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI), and the State Board of Education(SBE).
Advocacy Committee Mission Statement
The Washington Homeschool Organization supports all Washington homeschoolers’ freedom to educate their families under the Home-Based Instruction Law. The WHO advocacy committee is dedicated to upholding the rights of homeschoolers and protecting the Home-Based Instruction Law.
WHO Services and Resources for ALL Homeschoolers in Washington State
The WHO web site, washhomeschool.org, featuring information about homeschooling in Washington State and WHO related events
- Assistance, information and resource material for parents who are considering homeschooling
- Networking resources for parents for homeschool qualifying courses, support groups, testing services, extension schools, curriculum, etc.
- Information concerning the homeschool law
- Updates on current Washington State legislation relating to homeschooling
- Assistance in establishing communication with local school officials
- Assistance in establishing local support groups
WHO Sponsored Events
- The WHO Annual State Convention, a 2-day event featuring speakers, homeschooling workshops, exhibitor classes, and the most extensive homeschool curriculum and resource exhibit in the state
- The WHO High School Graduation Ceremony
- Emmett Comer Scholarship
- Capitol Connections Day
- Student Expo
Benefits of Membership
WHO is a 501c3 organization and therefore your membership dues and donations are tax deductible.
(Benefits that are offered do not constitute an endorsement by WHO)
- The knowledge that you are supporting homeschooling in Washington State
- Free admission to one annual curriculum event
- Discounted registration for the graduation ceremony if graduating
- Emmett Comer Scholarship – Members Only
- Opportunities to register first for events such as Capitol Connections, NCAA Women’s Basketball tickets, and others
- Contests designed for members only
- Voting privileges for board elections
- HSLDA Discount. To access this discount, WHO members need to include the WHO Group Discount Number on their HSLDA application. Send an email to HSLDA Group Discount Number in order to get the group code. This group code should be entered on the bottom of the second page of the application under the “Payment Information” heading. New families who are current HSLDA members will receive the discounted rate when they renew their HSLDA membership
If you would like to support homeschooling in Washington State by joining WHO,
please fill out our Membership Form.