WHO – Our Purpose
The Washington Homeschool Organization (WHO) is a statewide, non-profit membership organization. Its mission is to serve the diverse interests of home-based instruction (the legal name for homeschooling) in Washington State. WHO is nonpartisan, nonsectarian, and non-discriminating in its views of homeschooling and participation in its activities. Specifically, the purposes of WHO are:
- To promote the interchange of information and support among homeschooling families and support groups throughout the state.
- To keep abreast of legislative developments in order to ensure independence of homeschoolers.
- To facilitate an informed statewide awareness of homeschooling.
- To assist parents who are considering homeschooling to make an informed choice and to offer resource information and support to those who have chosen the homeschooling option.
- To encourage educational growth for homeschooling parents by offering seminars, workshops, lectures, and at least one major convention a year.
- To assist homeschoolers and support groups in establishing communication with local school officials.
- To assist and support local homeschool groups and those wishing to form support groups by offering counseling, guidance, and information for organizing such groups.
- To provide assistance to credible research about homeschoolers and homeschooling results and/or outcomes.
- To uplift honest and sincere endeavors to promote homeschooling.