Finding language/reading specialists

Email of the Day:
I would like some credentialing information on individuals you have listed on your list to administer assessments.

Are these individuals licensed to diagnose dyslexia, language disorders, etc..? If so, please provide a list of those clinicians/practitioners who hold such a license.

If not, please let me know your policies on what qualifies a potential professional individual to be added to your list.


I think you have misunderstood the list. is a list of individuals and companies who offer standardized achievement tests and/or teacher assessments under RCW28A.200.010 (3). As such, the list contains individuals who are qualified to administer standardized achievement tests, companies who provide standardized achievement tests directly to parents, and certificated persons who are currently working in the field of education and offer annual assessments to homeschoolers.

The companies/individuals included on this have notified WHO that they offer standardized achievement tests and/or assessments. Inclusion in this list does not represent an endorsement by WHO, nor does it guarantee that the services offered by the following individuals meet the requirements of the law.

If you are looking for an individual licensed to diagnose dyslexia, language disorders, etc., your local homeschool support group will be the best source of information for those in your area. We keep a list of those here:…/support-groups-co-ops/

–Jen Garrison Stuber, WHO Board Advocacy Chair